From the Committee
Later in the month on May 28th are the Herts Club Championships at Stanborough. This is an inter club race for Herts tri-clubs and we have been pipped by Hoddesden two years running. Surely this year is our time. Currently Tri-Force only has 8 entrants and we need club participants in as many age groups as possible to have a chance to score maximum points. Even if you finish last you will score maximum points for the club if you are the only one in your age group. So please enter if you can.
The monthly club duathlons have now started for the summer, with the second due on Saturday 6th May at Stanborough. The following weekend, Sunday 14th sees the first of the internal club triathlons taking place at Sandringham School. This race is called the “Where” Triathlon as originally it was a mystery each year as to exactly where it would take place. Being early season it is now a great opportunity to see exactly “where” you are with your fitness, plus a chance to practice in a friendly unpressured race. If you are a long-time member, new to the club, or even new to triathlon it’s well worth entering as it is part of your membership. Even if you cannot race, then please come along and support as timekeepers are always welcome.
That brings us to a reminder that membership fees were due at the end of February. If you have yet to renew you can do so at the ATW site here
Finally, don’t forget to stay safe out there and look out for each other.
There is a club WhatsApp group for those interested in swims at the Blue Lagoon when the water finally gets above freezing. There are also planned to be groups created for Sunday bike rides and Saturday runs. The bike rides have started informally each Sunday from the Quadrant in Marshalswick St Albans. Keep an eye on Facebook and the forum for further details.
- 1 Apr – Club Duathlon Race 1: Sean Jennings 01:15:36, Sean McAree 01:17:38, Darrin Dexter 01:22:26, Ronan Fitzgerald 01:22:36, John Shirley 01:22:38, Simon Perkins 01:22:59, Marcin Milosz 01:25:30, Richard Davis 01:28:44, Stephen Honey 01:30:50, Mark Woolhouse 01:40:20, Kevin Walden 01:14:52, Pam Duncan 01:40:20
- 2 Apr – Lee Valley Run Fest, Half Marathon Darrin Dexter 01:48:20
- 2 Apr – Lee Valley Run Fest, 10k Colm Horgan 00:44:12, Mick Wise 00:49:28
- 2 Apr - Bicester Sprint: Mark Crowne 01:17:57
- 9 Apr - Bedford Autodrome Duathlon (UK Champs); Karen Murphy 02:15:20 (4th in AG)
- 9 Apr – Brighton Marathon; Paul Hewett 03:06:14
- 9 April Herts Easter Hunt Sportive (64 mile); Laura Addie 04:28:17, Michael Cloke 04:28:19, Darrin Dexter 04:03:57, James Shipley 04:01:01, Paul Jordan 04:58:39, Mark Harris 04:12:21
- 9 April Herts Easter Hunt Sportive (96 mile); Graeme McTait 06:21:17
- 22 Apr - London Marathon; Gary Kellett 03:26:18
- 22 Apr - Berkhamsted Triathlon; Carlo Cetin 01:34:36, Jemma Miller 01:41:24
- 30 Apr – Ashridge Duathlon Race 3; Sprint Laura Addie 01:12:07, Mark Taplin 01:13:06, Eleanor Standen 01:15:18, Stuart Clark 01:15:34, Michael Cloke 01:16:05, Karen Murphy 01:18:09
- 30 Apr – Ashridge Duathlon Race 3 Standard; Paul Hewett 02:22:21, Nick Clarke 02:33:30, Roland Beton 02:52:37
Don't forget to submit your race report on the forum to be included in the club annual competition.
If there are any other results that have been inadvertently missed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be included in a future newsletter.
James has created a spreadsheet on which we can add the races we are participating in for this year. Anyone can add lines for races they are aware of or are racing. A great way to find out if there are any other Tri-Force members at your races. The link is here. You can still of course use the forum or Facebook for updates.
- 1 May – Milton Keynes Half Marathon
- 6 May – Windsor & Eton Sprint Tri, Spires & Squires Sportive
- 7 May – HSV Tri, Harrow Triathlon, St Neots Tri
- 13 May – Stanborough Aquathlon Race 1
- 14 May – Bedford Triathlon, MK Triathlon
- 21 May – Evans Hatfield Sportive, Grafman, Buckingham Tri, Eton Dorney Sprint (World Champs qualifier)
- 28 May – Herts Tri, Tour de Essex
- 4 June – Henley Triathlon, Blenheim Tri
- 10 June – Buttertubs Sportive
- 11 June – Ironman 70.3 Switzerland, St Albans Half Marathon
- 17 June – Stanborough Aquathlon
- 18 June – Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire, Windsor Tri
- 25 June – Ironman 70.3 UK, St Neots Tri, Welwyn 10k
- 2 July – 3 Counties Sportive
- 8 July – Grafham Water Swims, Bananaman Tri
- 9 July – Run Grafham Challenge
- 16 July – Bosworth Tri
- 23 July - Redbourn Road Ride Sportive, London Tri
And Finally ...... Podcast of the Month
A new podcast has started with a slightly different angle – the Cycling Jerseys Podcastlooks at the history and design of cycling jerseys. Wonder if there’s a gap in the market for a Trisuit podcast?