From the Committee
Hopefully you had a good summer of racing, and for those that are still racing, good luck for those that are still competing. Please don’t forget to post your race reports on the forum or Facebook, its always good to read about other people adventures.
The month of September sees the second of our club hosted races at HSV. It cannot be stressed highly enough that these races provide a critical source of funds to keep the club going and require your help to make the events run smoothly. If you have not already done so, please email Dawn Burr at email@example.com as soon as possible as we are currently low on marshals.
It was upsetting to hear about Darrins accident during the last club duathlon of the season and a salutary reminder to stay safe out there. From the sounds of it, Darrin’s injuries are “only” road rash, and his bike is OK.
Finally, don’t forget to stay safe out there and look out for each other.
Unfortunately it’s getting to that time of year as the nights draw in and it becomes difficult to train outside. Never fear, spinning and circuits will start again in week commencing 2nd October, again at Fitness First. Spinning will be on a Tuesday at the slightly earlier time of 7.30pm, and circuits on a Wednesday at 8.15pm
- 24 June - Düsseldorf ETU Sprint Triathlon European Championships; Mick Wise 01:33:43
- 2 July - Ironman 70.3 Edinburgh: Rav Dighe 06:13:45
- 9 July - Bedfordshire Tri - Naomi Holt 01:34:06, Heather Carter 01:35:28, Helen Convery 01:55:17
- 15 July – ATW Aquathlon Race 3 - Kevin Payne 00:39:12, Karen Murphy 00:39:40, Chris Morris 00:41:38
- 16 July - Holkham Hall Half: Richard Vaughan 05:58:48, Linda Pollard 06:35:47
- 23 July - London Tri Olympic- Ian Hutchison 02:40:12, Paul Jordan 02:56:05
- 23 July - London Tri Sprint - Heather Carter 01:36:46
- 23 July - Kimbolton Sprint - Chris Morris 01:07:25, Helen Convery 01:38:25
- 23 July - Castle Howard Half - Geoff Morgan 07:21:30
- 23 July - Outlaw - Rob Greasty 10:46:03, James Shipley 10:52:55, Gary Kellett 11:41:45, Graeme Mctait 13:25:46, Darrin Dexter 13:35:55
- 23 July - Redbourn Sportive 85 mile - Dani Pruett 06:19:07
- 6 Aug - Grafham Water ETU Standard Qualifier - Paul Hewett 02:08:07, Karen Murphy 02:19:45
- 6 Aug - Calfman – Dan Clarke 02:38:07
- 13 Aug – Ironman Hamburg: Rav Dighe 14:21:34
- 20 Aug – Herts Club Champs Standard: Mark Taplin 02:37:01, Nick Clarke 02:39:54, Karen Murphy 02:38:33, Gary Kellett 02:41:14, Simon Perkins 02:53:48, Stephen Honey 02:57:34, Richard Vaughan 03:02:01, Geoff Morgan 03:23:24
- 20 Aug – Herts Club Champs Sprint: Heather Carter 01:41:01, Carol Reid 01:48:37, Helen Convery 02:10:55
- 20 Aug – Ironman 70.3 Dublin: Laura Addie 04:53:03 (2nd in AG), Michael Cloke 05:39:00
- 27 Aug – Stewartby Duathlon Standard: Geoff Morgan 02:44:50
- 27 Aug – Stewartby Duathlon Sprint: Michael Cloke 01:11:16, Laura Addie 01:18:37 (2nd in AG)
- 2 Sep – Club Duathlon: Stuart Clark 01:13:15, Kevin Payne 01:20:24, Marcin Milosz 01:28:30
Don't forget to submit your race report on the forum to be included in the club annual competition. Action shots below of Graeme at the Herts Tri & Gary finishing Grafman, both resplendent in club kit.
If there are any other results that have been inadvertently missed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be included in a future newsletter.
Don’t forget to add your races to the spreadsheet on the web by clicking here. A great way to find out if there are any other Tri-Force members at your races. You can still of course use the forum or Facebook for updates. Also don’t forget to post your race reports also on the forum or Facebook.
- 2 Sep – Ironman 70.3 Lanzarote
- 3 Sep – Helvellyn Tri, St Neots Triathlon
- 10 Sep – Vitruvian, Ironman Wales
- 17 Sep – HSV Triathlon, Harrow Half Marathon, Ironman 70.3 Weymouth
- 24 Sep – L’Etape London Sportive, Hever Castle Triathlons, Velo Birmingham
- 1 Oct – Chilly Tri