The Club shall be called "Tri-Force (Herts)"
- Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Triathlon;
- To promote the Club within the local community and Triathlon;
- To ensure a duty of care to all members/participants;
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone;
- To ensure that all present and future members/participants receive fair and equal treatment.
- Senior Membership
Senior members are individuals aged 17 years of age or older.
- Membership Fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Management Committee and confirmed at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid by way of an annual subscription payable in advance. There may be additional training fees to pay on a per session basis.
- Officers of the Senior Section
The officers of the club will be:
- Vice Chairperson
- Club Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Head Coach
- Social Secretary
- Club Captain
Additional officer roles may be made at any time. Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. All officers will retire each year but be eligible for re-appointment.
The club shall be affiliated to the Triathlon England as part of British Triathlon Federation.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- The officers referred to in 5 above including the additional officers appointed at the time.
- The Management Committee will be convened by the Club Secretary and held no less than four meetings per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be three.
The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the organisation of the Club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be held in a UK bank account in the name of Tri-Force (Herts). The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club. The financial year of the club will end on 28th February.
A statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting. Any cheques drawn against club funds require two signatures of either the Chairperson, Club Secretary or Treasurer of Tri-Force (Herts).
- Annual General Meetings
Notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days' notice to be given to all Members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the annual accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Club Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
- All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be ten.
- The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
- Discipline and Appeals
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary. The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 21 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the members against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 21 days of the Club Secretary receiving the notification of appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the Club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
- Amendment of the Constitution
The Constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
Tri-Force (Herts) hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the action of members.