From the Committee
Many club members, clearly tempted by the free bar, joined us at the AGM earlier this month. We gave our thanks and appreciation to Heather Hobbs, Chris Hodges, Angela Basit and Chris Morris who were standing down as Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Club Captain respectively, additional thanks and appreciation were expressed to Eleanor Standen and Amy Lednor who were also standing down.
Darrin Dexter has agreed to be Chair for the next year, assisted by Richard Vaughan who steps up to be Vice-Chair. Geoff Morgan was appointed Treasurer, Heather Hobbs and Chris Morris remain on the committee as Club Captain and Kit Man respectively. Also appointed to the Committee were Graeme McTait as duathlon co-ordinator, Rob Greasty as social co-ordinator and Simon Perkins as Blue Lagoon representative. Heather Carter and Karen Murphy were appointed in a shared role as new member representatives.
All the new committee are keen to continue and maintain the good work to ensure the continued health of the club so please do not hesitate to contact any of us if you have any concerns or great ideas. All and any ideas for cub activities are appreciated.
Finally, don’t forget to stay safe out there and look out for each other.
Another reminder about the need for marshals to assist at the HSV Triathlon. It cannot be stressed highly enough that this is the major source of income for the club but needs marshals in order to continue to be a success.
We receive consistent praise from the BTF for the quality and enthusiasm of our marshalling and need approximately 50 marshals to run a safe event. So please send a mail to Dawn (details on the Forum) to let her know you can help. Don’t be nervous if you’ve not marshalled before, but don’t hesitate to ask anyone what it entails.
The first of the monthly summer club duathlons takes place on 1st April at Sandringham school. Please reply to the post on either the forum or on Facebook if you intend to join. Several have already signed up but the more the merrier.
Tri-Force has a very distinctive club kit that really helps you stand out at races. You can order your new kit by clicking here. If you have registered before, log in and browse away, if it’s your first time you will need to register. The kit is custom made and we need a minimum of 10 larger items, such as tri-suit, cycle jersey or T-shirts for the order to be completed. Once ordered, the kit is delivered to the club “kit-man”, Chris Morris, and collected at a mutually convenient time. The kit is really good quality and as I say, helps to make you stand out at races. Note the order is only open until 3rd April, so best be quick.
Finally a reminder that the club annual membership fee is now due. If you have not already done so you can renew here
Results from this month, plus a couple of others omitted from last month include:
- 5 Feb – Watford Half Marathon: Sean McAree 01:38:22, Mike Trotman 01:44:04
- 5 Mar – Berkhamsted Half Marathon: Katie Hill 01:48:16
- 12 Mar – Ware’s Cambridge Sportive: Geoff Morgan 05:37:02
- 19 Mar – Welwyn Half Marathon: Mike Trotman 01:42:49, Naomi Park 01:43:27, Dani Pruett 01:55:51, Andrew Shadbolt 02:02:22, Carol Reid 02:10:41, Kate Baker 02:19:09
- 26 Mar – Ashridge Duathlon Series Race 2 Standard: Chris Brown 02:28:04
- 26 Mar – Ashridge Duathlon Series Race 2 Sprint: Mark Taplin 01:15:37 (1st AG), Eleanor Standen 01:18:43 (1st AG), Roland Beton 01:23:10
- 26 Mar – Ashridge Duathlon Series Race 2 Super Sprint: Julie O’Keefe 01:06:20 (1stAG)
Don’t forget to submit your race report on the forum to be included in the club annual competition.
If there are any other results that have been inadvertently missed, please send an email to email@example.com so they can be included in a future newsletter.
James has created a spreadsheet on which we can add the races we are participating in for this year. Anyone can add lines for races they are aware of or are racing. A great way to find out if there are any other Tri-Force members at your races. The link is here. You can still of course use the forum or Facebook for updates.
- 2 Apr – Lee Valley Run Fest, Bicester Sprint, Quattro Sportive
- 9 Apr – Chilly Triathlon, Bedford Autodrome Duathlon (UK Champs), Womble Triathlon (ask an older club member if you don’t know what a Womble is)
- 15 Apr – Windsor Duathlon Series Race 4
- 23 Apr – Duston Triathlon, London Marathon (will Gary beat Chrissie Wellington?), Berkhamsted Triathlon
- 30 Apr – Ashridge Duathlon Race 3
- 1 May – Milton Keynes Half Marathon
- 6 May – Windsor & Eton Sprint Tri, Spires & Squires Sportive
- 7 May – HSV Tri, Harrow Triathlon
- 13 May – Stanborough Aquathlon
- 14 May – Bedford Triathlon, MK Triathlon
- 21 May – Evans Hatfield Sportive
- 28 May – Herts Tri, Tour de Essex
Not to be Missed
Just in case anyone is interested, the dates for the UK events of the World Naked Bike Ride were announced this month. Full details can be found here. A couple of years back friend of mine walked out of his flat straight into the midst of this. He was traumatised for weeks! But don’t let that put you off.
And Finally …..
Although circuits has now finished for the summer, a couple of pictures to remind us how much we enjoyed these sessions.
Many thanks to Chris and Angela for running these.